We spend most of our day sitting in front of our computers. When we don’t stretch regularly or forget about our posture, our spines ache. If you’ve experienced the same feeling or know this might be a potential problem, try these tips:
- Keep your feet still. You can rest them on the floor or use a footrest.
- Try not to cross your knees or your ankles.
- Make sure there is a space between your chair and the back of your knees.
- Position your knees either at the same height or slightly lower than your hips.
- Keep your ankles in front of your knees.
- Don’t sit stiffly. Relax your shoulders instead.
- If you can, keep your forearms and knees parallel to the floor.
- Keep your back against your chair. If the chair prevents this, place a cushion between your back and the chair.
- Every so often, get up and stretch your joints (so important!) We love the 30 for 30 Rule. For every 30 minutes of sitting, stand up and move for 30 seconds. Your body and your mind will thank you.