Remember all the times you spent standing in a long line at the bank, in the grocery store, or at the DMV? Now you can make good use of that time by practicing proper posture while standing. After this 30-Day Posture Challenge, we hope your body feels stronger.
Here are some things you can do every day:
- Stand firmly, with your feet shoulder-width apart. You need to disperse your body’s weight in the balls of your feet.
- Bend your knees slightly and point them forward to help equally distribute your body’s weight.
- Keep your legs straight but make sure they are not locked.
- Your arms can naturally hang at your sides.
- To lengthen your spine, push your feet to the floor and extend your neck and head upwards.
- Focus on your shoulders, relax them, and roll them back. This will cause your chest then to puff out slightly.
- Keep your head level and your earlobes parallel to your shoulders.
- Make sure your chin is parallel to the floor and your neck is stacked over your spine.